What we are looking for
We are looking for an eager software engineer with a strong passion for large, scalable, fault tolerant and resilient systems. You have strong scripting skills and love to work with Python/Bash and Linux.
The new platform is the backbone of BallJames. This is where the video streams and all match related data come together and where BallJames will output several push and pull API’s towards our customers. This platform comes with a completely redesigned operations centre written in react.js, using GraphQL and Kubernetes for the infrastructure. Are you as hyped about this as we are, then contact us!
- Design and maintain our cloud-based infrastructure that supports streaming real-time video processing
- Build a resilient and fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Monitor our production systems
- Creating low-latency APIs
- Create and monitor a uniform DevOps / build-environment(s)
- Create and monitor a uniform networking environment
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science
- Experience with scripting (Python/Bash) a must.
- Linux knowledge required.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform a big plus.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, ActiveMQ or other pub/sub middleware a plus.
- Experience with parallelization frameworks such as CUDA and/or OpenMP big plus. Experience with Kubernetes is a big plus.
- Team player. Balljames is a complex technical product with team-members coming from various disciplines. There’s no room for pushing individual opinions. We don’t do local optimizations and the focus must be on the overall end-product.
- Quality driven. Although we work with agile methodologies, all the things we do must be first-time-right.
- Good enough. We don’t strive for the most theoretical ‘right’ answer but for the best practical implementation that delivers business value.
What do we offer?
- Challenging and varied position with a professional and innovative organization
- Sufficient deployment possibilities
- Informal, no-nonsense corporate culture
- Competitive remuneration package
For additional question please contact Bastiaan Florijn, Corporate Recruiter by e-mail at email@example.com or mobile at +31  6 8161 1921.