SciSports is a world-leading football analytics company that aims to enrich the world of football with data intelligence by transforming large amounts of data into actionable insights that drive value for football professionals and fans. To this end, SciSports is developing a data intelligence platform that delivers personalized, actionable insights via a multitude of interfaces.
Our platform is pivotal in exposing our in-house developed advanced football metrics and insights to football organizations, media companies and betting companies. The pipeline involves ingesting large amounts of football data from a diversity of sources, enriching and serving the data after intense data crunching using machine learning techniques, and delivering the data and resulting insights to a web frontend and customer-facing APIs. Needless to say, our platform breathes data.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities?
- Gathering and persisting data with attention for strategies that enable efficient querying and storing as well as monitoring and data curation.
- Integrating advanced machine learning and deep learning models into our reactive, streaming data intelligence platform.
- Creating RESTful web APIs for both internal and external use that enable us to stay ahead of the game.
- Providing technical guidance and sharing data engineering best practices to our world-renowned Football Analytics & Data Science team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a bright data engineer with a passion for building future-proof systems. You will work in a passionate team that is transforming the world of football. Our technology stack consists of:
- Python 3
- Python libraries such as Pandas, Sanic (like Flask and Tornado), asyncio
- Apache Kafka (Confluent)
- MongoDB (Atlas), AuroraDB (AWS)
- Amazon Web Services
Which paradigms do we adopt?
- Micro-service architecture
- Data-driven stream processing
- Deep learning and machine learning pipelines
- Domain-driven development
- Test-driven development
- Agile software development and Scrum
What do we offer you?
- Challenging and varied position with a professional and innovative organization
- Lunch with the office, friday afternoon drinks, quarterly company meeting
- Flexible and informal culture
- Sufficient development possibilities
- Informal, no-nonsense corporate culture
- Competitive remuneration package
No (recruitment) agencies please.